Terms and Conditions
- Do not misuse our intellectual property.
- If you plan on using our materials to market your services or generate revenue, obtain a commercial use license.
- We respect your privacy and only collect basic information to remain in contact with our members and serve their needs.
- You are granted a personal license to use materials on this website and may not share the information with anyone else.
All content on this site is the property of Mefford Enterprises, Inc, Mefford Associates, Jason Mefford, or Mefford Multimedia, LLC. We make it available online and in print under copyright whereby we reserve all rights. If you wish to use any of our content in presentations or for commercial purposes, or wish to customize for internal use in your organization, please contact us for licensing information.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website. By using this website (and by agreeing to these terms and conditions) you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, Mefford Associates, Mefford Enterprises, Inc, Mefford Multimedia, LLC and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- allow others to use, view, reproduce, copy of otherwise use content purchased by you;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without Mefford Associate’s express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without Mefford Associates’s express written consent.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. Mefford Associates reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at its discretion.
If Mefford Associates provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
Mefford Associates may disable your user ID and password in its sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to Mefford Associates a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to Mefford Associates the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Mefford Associates or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
Mefford Associates reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on Mefford Associate’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding Mefford Associate’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, it does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Mefford Associates makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Mefford Associates does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of liability
Mefford Associates will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Mefford Associates has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Mefford Associates liability in respect of any
- death or personal injury caused by Mefford Associate’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Mefford Associates; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Mefford Associates to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Mefford Associates has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Mefford Associates officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Mefford Associate’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Mefford Associates.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify Mefford Associates and undertake to keep Mefford Associates indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Mefford Associates to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Mefford Associate’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by Mefford Associates arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, [or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions].
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Mefford Associates’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Mefford Associates may take such action as it deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Mefford Associates may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Mefford Associates may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Mefford Associate’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Mefford Associates in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the state of California, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of California.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.
We seek to ensure the ethical use of information collected online and to protect the privacy of those who register on or otherwise use our site. We follow these privacy practices:
Information we collect
When you register on the, we ask you to provide certain information in order to gain access to content and features on the site.
We ask that you provide additional voluntary information to complete your profile so that we may serve you better. The more information you provide about your interests and your organization, the more we can provide content of interest to you.
You may disallow the release of personally identifiable information to third parties.
Personally identifiable information you give us will be used to:
- Process billing and orders for products/services you choose to purchase on our site
- Send you information you may request and/or personalize the content you see based on personal preferences
- Send you occasional updates about activities and developments and about those of other organizations that relate to governance, risk management, ethics, compliance and other business issues which we believe you will find valuable.
- Help us identify the time, date, Internet location, and system information you use during any purchase. This information will assist us in the event of fraud against your credit card.
- Provide us with aggregate information about use of our site to help us understand what role in organizations (e.g., lawyer, auditor, etc.) and what types of organizations use our site, so that we may improve its usability and value. We also use aggregate data from online surveys you choose to fill out for research and publication purposes. Individuals or firms are not identified in any such research or publication.
We may include the names of subscribing companies in promotional materials, but this would not include personally identifiable information.
We will release your personal information as ordered by any court of law, and we do not guarantee that we will provide prior or subsequent notice to you. We will not challenge, or defend against any action seeking, such a court order.
This site contains links to other sites, but we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each site you visit.
Notification of Changes