Implementing an Integrated GRC Capability – Houston, TX – August 2017
August 21 @ 8:00 am - August 23 @ 5:00 pm CDT
This GRC training course shows how to design and implement an integrated GRC capability within an organization. You also qualify to pass the GRC Professional certification exam, the top GRC certification in the world.
There is confusion in the marketplace about GRC. This training will help you get clarity on what GRC is, and what its not, by learning how to develop a GRC program based on the GRC Capability Model from OCEG (www.oceg.org). It will provide you with a language to discuss GRC concepts at your organization.
OCEG is the organization that invented GRC, and Mefford Associates is an approved OCEG training partner.
Is This Trainings is Right for You?
- New to a GRC role at your organization?
- Need to develop, or improve your plan for dealing with GRC in an integrated manner?
- Like to break down silos in your organization?
- Interested in adding the world-leading GRC certification to your resume?
- Want to network with others who are implementing integrated GRC?
- How about some practical tools, you can apply at your organization, the day you return from training?
- Would you like free advice, from a recognized expert who helped author the GRC Capability Model?
If you answered YES, to any of those questions, this training is especially relevant for you.
Whether you are just starting, or are a veteran and want to improve your GRC program, this training was developed for you.
What are you waiting for?
Sign up today, and you will be one step closer to having your questions answered and receive valuable resources necessary to implement an integrated GRC capability.
GRC Training Course Information
More detailed information about this training course, is included below. To learn more about the GRC Professional certification, please visit the GRC Professional webpage.
Through lectures, discussions, and exercises, you will learn about:
- Defining a GRC strategy.
- Integrating performance, risk and compliance programs.
- Strengthening core business processes.
- Improving the use of information and technology.
- Successfully passing the GRC Professional certification exam.
“I participated Jason Mefford’s GRC Professional training. In addition to being such an enjoyable and great experience itself, the training provided me with a variety of new tools and ideas how to manage and promote GRC and ethics in our organization. Although I had been working with similar kind of topics for more than 10 years before the training, the new way how to combine, present and explain GRC to different organizations and in different contexts really supported my work.” - Jyri Wesanko, TeliaSonera Group
“This training provided me with information that helps me see the bigger picture. It will be valuable in both the performance of my job, but also in building on my professional skills. I plan to share the GRC model with my team and use it when approaching new projects. I actually feel confident that I could set up a new GRC program at a company using my current experience and this model.I really enjoyed the course and Jason's presentation. I would highly recommend this training to all levels of GRC professionals.” - Stuart McNeill, Oil States International
“Jason has great facilitation skills. The sharing of real-life experiences by Jason and the course participants enhanced the whole learning experience.” - Patricia Jalleh, Enterprise Risk Asia
“I took a Governance, Risk Management & Compliance (GRC) training with Jason and was impressed with his level of knowledge, creativity in teaching, and, after I took his course, I passed the GRCP certification exam without problems. I would highly recommend him for a high-value and fun GRC training.” - Lubna Maria Elia, Root Capital
“The professional interactions among, and exchange of information between participants was so valuable. The program information is invaluable in helping me share and implement GRC capability concepts.” - Stella Acosta, Motor Car Parts of America
“Jason’s approach is to allow the exploration of ideas and concepts while still sticking to the agreed material and timescales. The addition of real life experience really brings to life the application of OCEG principles.” - Alex Hollis, EMC / RSA
- The need for a GRC approach.
- Understanding the “Big” picture of business.
- Defining Principled Performance.
- Advantages of Principled Performance.
- Governance, Risk Management & Compliance Basics.
- Common GRC terms, concepts and definitions.
- GRC roles and responsibilities (e.g. audit, legal, human resources, IT, compliance, risk management, ethics, the boards, etc…).
- Gaining commitment from senior management and the board.
- Implementing the OCEG GRC Capability Model at an organization.
- External context of your organization.
- Internal context of your organization.
- Understanding and assessing culture.
- Relevant stakeholders and developing a stakeholder relations plan.
- Setting direction and decision-making criteria that align with mission, vision and values.
- Defining high-level and lower-level objectives.
- Identifying opportunities, threats and requirements.
- Assessing levels of reward, risk and compliance – inherent and residual.
- Designing relevant actions and controls.
- Determining the right mix of proactive, detective, and responsive internal controls.
- Developing relevant policies and procedures.
- Providing communication to the right people, in the right way, at the right time.
- Delivering education to relevant individuals.
- Implementing appropriate incentives.
- Notification methods to detect events.
- Inquiry methods to detect events.
- Responding to events.
- Monitoring the GRC program.
- Providing assurance on GRC.
- Making improvements.
- Elements of a GRC strategic plan.
- Completing performance, risk and compliance assessments.
- Moving from the current to desired state.
- Integration and maturity models.
- Explaining the business case for integrated GRC.
- GRCP exam areas.
- Exam resources.
- Sample GRCP exam questions and answers.
Jason Mefford is a speaker, trainer, best-selling author and coach on ethics, corporate governance, risk management, GRC, compliance and internal audit topics. He helps organization think differently by becoming Principle Performers.
Mr. Mefford is the President of Mefford Associates, a professional training, coaching and boutique advisory firm. He has spent years training and coaching top business professionals all over the world, and is rated as one of the leading experts, and most effective speakers in the world.
- Develop a GRC strategic plan.
- Align governance, risk and compliance in context of the organization.
- Understand, define, and enhance organizational culture.
- Implement effective and efficient GRC processes.
- Motivate and inspire desired conduct.
- Understand technology’s role in GRC.
- Develop ongoing monitoring and continuous improvement of GRC activities.
- Explain the value of Principled Performance, and an integrated approach to GRC, to your management and board.
- Differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Prepare to successfully pass the GRC Professional certification exam.
- Helpful information and suggestions for passing the exam, including sample questions and answers.
- Become an expert in GRC and gain an advantage in the competitive job market.
- Increase your potential earnings (certified individuals can earn up to 40% more than those without certification).
- Network with other professional in GRC roles, including an OCEG Fellow, and contributing author of the OCEG GRC Capability Model v3.0.
- Raise the GRC bar and boost stakeholder confidence.
- Meet legal/regulatory compliance obligations effectively.
- Improve responsiveness, efficiency and strategic business decisions.
- Protect and enhance your brand and avoid fines, penalties and reputation damage.
- Demonstrate GRC implementation, auditing and consulting expertise.
- Differentiate from your market competitors.
- Increase the value of your GRC consultants.
This course is suitable for executives, managers and key staff in all GRC roles (including risk, audit, compliance, ethics, legal, performance, IT, etc…).
Technology providers and professional service firms benefit from understanding the issues and approaches to GRC challenges faced by organizations they serve.
This is a basic to intermediate course and there are no prerequisites or advanced preparation.
Field of Study: Management Advisory Services
This is a group live event for NASBA authorized continuing education credit. Attendees who are All Access Pass holders or enterprise members of OCEG will receive a certificate of completion of this event indicating 24 hours of CPE.
To register for this event, please click on the Registration button at the top of the page.
OCEG is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. For information regarding administrative issues such as complaints or refunds please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an OCEG training course, presented by Mefford Associates, an approved OCEG training partner.
This course also prepares you to successfully pass the GRC Professional certification exam, the top GRC certification in the world. As a result, you get multiple benefits from attending this training.
In fact, over 90% of participants pass the GRC Professional exam on their first attempt!
Significantly improve your chances of passing the exam, on your first attempt, which saves you time and frustration from taking the exam multiple times.
CIO Magazine, Certification Magazine and Global Knowledge all list the GRC Professional certification as the top GRC certification. Raise your creditability in GRC, by obtaining this valuable certification.